Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Paul's Day 6 Summary

The ride took me to a new dimension today. Stressed me physically and mentally. The last couple of hours became very personal.
Rode mountains from Weavervile to Platina. Then wound through hot chaparral and canyons as we headed north through Shasta County. At times it felt like a blast furnace.
We made Redding at 6:30.
98 miles in ninety degree heat! All for a good cause- The CTAP region 2 Ride for Resources!
I suspect today will be hot in the valley- but conditions could be cooler according to the weather people.
Looking to make the last charge from Redding, Red Bluff, Corning, Orland, Chico and Oroville! Still looking at 100 + miles
Day 1: 151
Day 2: 105
Day 3: 100
Day 4: 65
Day 5: 103
Day 6: 98
Total To Date: 622
Total Counties: Butte, Plumas, Lassen, Modoc, Siskiyou, Trinity, and Shasta

1 comment:

Kathy G. said...

Hopefully your personal "Aha's" were good ones, other than deciding to never do anything like this again (the marathon bike ride, I mean).

I must admit that I will miss the blog when you are finished, but I'm sure you will be glad to be done with the physical ride part of it.

You and Gene have really done something BIG for the region. Thank you for that.